What's in my Masala Dabba!!
I love Spice Carousel - I have one. Looks beautiful on my kitchen rack, but for daily use, three to four times a day, I prefer and will always prefer a MASALA DABBA, a round, stainless steel container with cover, that holds several small removable bowls, depending upon the size of the container. Each of them holds traditional Indian spices, depending on the region you come from, and based on the spices you use in everyday cooking.
In short, my MASALA DABBA is my time-saver and space-saver, as it does not require opening several lids every-time you require the spice. It stores the sufficient quantity of frequently used spices - all at one place.
My spice box comprises of -
- Red Chili Powder - Gives Taste! Full of Vitamin A, Vitamin C and minerals
- Coriander-Cumin Powder - Gives Aroma! Carries many healing and cooling properties beneficial for good health.
- Turmeric Powder - Gives Color! Has powerful anti-inflammatory effects and is a very strong antioxidant.
- Nigella Seeds - Gives Flavor! One the most revered medicinal seeds in history! Search web
- Mustard Seeds - Fives the tempting Arome! Rich source of essential oils, minerals and vitamins
- Cumin Seeds - Gives an earthy and warming feeling! Include its ability to aid in digestion, improve immunity
- Poppy Seeds - Gives the crunch! Contains good amount of minerals like calcium, potassium, magnesium and iron.
Some less frequently used spices, such as whole cinnamon, cloves, cardamom, bay leaves, and many other are best stored in spice carousel - Below is mine with glass containers.