View of Kanchenjunga from "Keventers"
For more such beautiful pics visit my Travel blog on Darjeeling
Hubby dear usually loves slightly fried Pre-cooked Nathan's plain Beef Franks in the form of Hot Dog or as a side dish, but sometimes I also prefer to cook Italian Sausage Curry with lots of veggies and INDIAN Masala, as a main dish. It really goes well with plain white rice or a chapati...
- 1 lb Sausages, I prefer Italian sausages with herbs and flavors
- 1/2 green Capsicum, diced into big pieces
- 1/2 red Capsicum, diced into big pieces
- 1-2 Carrots, diced roughly
- 1 large Onion, finely chopped
- 1 small Onion, diced into big pieces
- 2-3 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon Ginger paste
- 1 large Tomato, diced
- 3-4 Green Chilies, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon Red-Chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Coriander powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Turmeric powder
- Salt and Extra Virgin Olive Oil, as per requirement
- 2 cups Warm Water
- Remove the Sausage casing: To remove the casing from a fresh, raw link sausage, snip off the end of the sausage with kitchen shears, then squeeze the sausage filling from the casing, like squeezing toothpaste from a tube.
- Cut the sausages into 1 inch pieces.
- Heat a little EVOO in a wok or a frying pan and fry the sausage pieces till golden brown. Remove from pan and fry the capsicums and carrots. Keep aside with the fried sausages.
- Add more oil, if required, add the finely chopped onions and fry till golden brown. Add the big pieces of onions with garlic and green chilies. Saute for 1-2 minutes.
- In a small bowl, mix Red Chili, Coriander and Turmeric powders with Ginger paste and 1-2 tablespoons of water.
- Add the above mixture in the pan and fry for another 2-3 minutes.
- Add Tomatoes, saute for 1-2 minutes and cover the pan till the tomatoes are mushy and leaves oil from corners.
- Add all the vegetables with Sausages, give a nice stir, add the salt and water. Cover the pan till the gravy becomes thick and all the vegetables are completely cooked.
- Serve hot with plain Rice or Chapati.